Your Custom Cake order will start with 2 layers of cake; i.e.: 1 tier.
Based on the number of guests being served, your cake may require 1 or more tiers.
Your options are:
- 6", 8", 10" or 12" rounds or 8" or 10" square (each tier typically has 2 layers)
- 6" round only for a drum cake which can include 4 or 6 layers and may require additional board and support items.
- You may also want a design that requires trimming or shaping of your cake or added elements such as rice cereal treats. Which are typically considered carved cakes and adds additional costs to your order.
- All cakes requiring fondant, will start with a filling of buttercream between the layers, and chocolate ganache outer covering. Chocolate options are White, Milk, or Dark Chocolate ganache. Your choice. And will be in the base price of your cake.
- All elements for your design may or may not require drying time, but are all additional costs to you order.
I handle all elements of your order, from start to finish. Purchasing necessary ingredients, tools, and items required for the design. Specialty elements: i.e.; flowers, figurines, animals for kids cakes, etc.; requires drying time of no less then a week before decorating your cake. From gathering, measuring, mixing, baking, and to decorating, I do it all.
Cake boards, a cake drum for the bottom of your cake, a fancy base or pedestal design can be requested (rental cost), dowels and/or straws for support, plus all the work listed above, along with delivery fees, are all factors in the pricing of your order. 1 tier uses standard cake boxes, unless the design is such that it can't be closed, requiring a larger box. Tiered cakes, with 2 or more tiers, additional cardboard boxes must be purchased to protect your tiered cake during stacking, designing, and delivery. Standard cake boxes fit an 8", 10", etc., round or square, at 4"+ in height, thus, an 8" round or square that has a 4" high heel atop with a 1/2" tall 6" to 8" round or square support board decorated with paper or fondant, will not fit a standard cake box of any height currently made. Therefore, the purchase of a cardboard box from a local store or ordered in larger quantities is required.
Please be sure to sit down with a friend or family member and decide what style cake and kind of decoration(s) you are shopping for, then come back to my site and fill out the "Request A Quote" form, submit it, and I will get back to you as soon as I have reviewed your request and worked up a quote for your order.
I look forward to hearing from you with a request for a quote and opportunity to make you a cake that will have your guests Oohing, Awing, and snapping photos over it. Besides the bride, or that special person the party is planned for, the cake is always the hit of the party.
PLEASE DON'T DELAY! CONTACT ME TODAY by filling out a QUOTE REQUEST and LET'S GET STARTED on making sure YOUR CAKE is delivered on time and just as you had hoped it would look.
See you soon!